What are cookies?
A cookie is a text file that is downloaded onto your computer when you access certain websites. Amongst other things, cookies allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their device and, depending on the information they contain and the way the device is used, they can be used to recognise an anonymous user.
What are cookies?
Cookies are only associated to an anonymous user and their computer and do not provide references that make it possible to deduce the user’s personal data.
Registered users who register or have started a session can take advantage of services that are more personalised and suited to their profile, thanks to the combination of data stored in the cookies and the personal data used when registering. These users expressly authorise the use of this information for the purpose indicated, without prejudice to their right to reject or disable cookie use.
Cookie types, purposes and the way they work in general.
1. Cookie types according to the period of time they remain active.
Depending on the amount of time they remain active on a terminal, we can distinguish between:
- Session cookies: These are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are normally used to store information only required to provide the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products acquired).
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookies whereby data remain in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for an amount of time established by the cookie manager, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
2. Cookie types according to the body that manages them.
Depending on the body that manages the device or domain from which the cookies are sent and that processes the data obtained, we can distinguish between:
- Own Cookies : These are cookies sent to the user’s terminal from a device or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies:These are cookies sent from a device or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another body that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
3. Cookie types according to their purpose.
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through the cookies are processed, we can distinguish between:
- Technical cookies: These are cookies that enable the user to browse a website, platform or app and to use the different options or services existing in these such as, for example, controlling data traffic and communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access areas, remembering the items making up an order, proceeding with the process of purchasing an order, requesting registration or participation in an event, using security elements while browsing, storing contents for playing videos or sound or sharing contents on social media.
- Personalisation cookies: These are cookies that enable the user to access the service with a series of general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria on the user’s terminal such as, for example, the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc
- Analytics cookies: These are cookies that enable their manager to monitor and analyse user behaviour on the websites to which they are linked. The information collected with this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of websites, apps or platforms and to create the browsing profiles of the users of said websites, apps or platforms, for the purpose of introducing improvements according to the analysis made of the data on the use made by users of the service
- Advertising cookies: These are cookies that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces included, where appropriate, by the editor in a website, app or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency with which ads are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These are cookies that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces included, where appropriate, by the editor in a website, app or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on user behaviour obtained through the continued observation of their browsing habits, making it possible to develop a specific profile for showing advertising based on that profile.
Which particular type of cookies does this website use?
Definition, identification and purpose of the cookies of this website not excluded by the LSSI.
These would be:
- Analytics cookies: These are cookies which, processed either by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and therefore to statistically measure and analyse the use made of the service offered by users. We therefore analyse the way you browse our website in order to improve the range of products or services we offer you.
- Advertising cookies: These are cookies which, processed either by us or third parties, allow us to manage in the most efficient way possible the offer of advertising spaces on the website, adapting the content of the ads shown to the content of the service requested or to the use you make of our website. We can therefore analyse your Internet browsing habits and can show you advertising related to your browsing profile.
Table identifying cookies and their purpose.
Editor name, cookie name, «type» and purpose.
Purpose: Used by google AdSense to record and inform on the website user’s actions after seeing or clicking on one of the advertisers ads in order to measure the effectiveness of an ad and display ads targeting the user.
More information: https://support.google.com/admanager/answer/2839090
1P_JAR, CONSENT, NID, _GRECAPTCHA
Name: GOOGLE INC.
Purpose: Google uses these cookies to store the user’s preferences and information while viewing pages containing Google Maps.
More information: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
_GA, _GAT, _GID
Type: Third-party (Analytics)
Name: GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Purpose: These cookies store a unique customer identifier and serve to control unique visits, user data, campaigns…
More information: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage?hl=es
CMPLZ_MARKETING, CMPLZ_STATS, COMPLIANZ_CONSENT_STATUS, COMPLIANZ_POLICY_ID
Purpose: Cookies belonging to the cookie management plugin contained on the website.
More information: https://complianz.io/legal/privacy-statement/
Note: «Own» cookies are only used by the owner of this website, while «third-party» cookies are also used by the service provider detailed in the above table.
VELTIUM SMART CHARGERS S.L. reminds its website users that cookie use may be subject to their acceptance during installation or update of the browser they use. This acceptance can be reversed by configuring the contents and privacy options of that browser. VELTIUM SMART CHARGERS S.L. recommends that users consult the help section of their browser or that they access the help pages of the leading browsers:
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web-ra-trear-preferencias
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=es-419
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-de-ete-manage-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/es-es/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/
- Other browsers: consult the documentation of the browser you have installed.